Why do you need different lights to shoot a video or a photo when you already have natural lights that are abundant, high quality and cheap, right?
But what about the shoots you need to do in the night or in a room with four walls surrounding you?
Would you get natural light at that time?
No, you won’t have the best shoot because natural light has it’s own limitations and is not the most dependable one. And that’s the reason your videos and photos may suffer and won’t get so many views, likes and comments.
So how do you tackle these issues?
There’s a simple solution for it that is to use artificial lights. But you still doubt how would artificial lights prove for your shoot.
Benefits of having lighting equipment :
- They add credibility to your shoots and the output never ceases to impress.
- You are no longer limited by the time of the day. All you need is electricity.
- There are numerous ways to customize the light output, e.g. diffusers, grid, shape, etc.
- You have total control over the intensity, direction and other parameters of your light, something that’s not possible with natural light.
Now the major question is would you have to spend a fortune for external lighting?
Relax, if you are smart enough you won’t spend your hard-earned money on external lighting. What important is to buy something that fulfils your requirements, which would definitely come at a fair price.
What are the different types of Lighting Equipments?
A Softbox can be thought of as a natural light emulator that tries to duplicate the natural light coming from a window or door but it diffuses the lighting from the source by transmitting it through a diffusion panel. A Softbox can help you to reduce the strain on your flash for obtaining the same lens aperture.
There are various options available when it comes to shapes & sizes for the Softbox; such as rectangular, octagonal, square, circular, etc. Softboxes are generally the cheaper options when compared to other artificial lighting sources which makes them the quite affordable one when it comes to pricing.
An Umbrella lighting is highly portable but also an affordable lighting source, which provides you with a soft light source. These lights are great if you just need that extra bit of controlled light for a polished look. However, unlike softboxes that provide directional control, umbrellas have a more unrestricted type of lighting.
There are mainly two types of umbrellas, reflective and shoot-through.
A ring light is a multi-use tool built for all kinds of shooting environments. They emit a uniform amount of light that comes right out of a camera’s point of view, making them great for shooting sharp videos with vibrant consistent light. A ring light is sufficient on its own to eliminate shadows and works great as a catch light. As the light comes straight out of the camera, it gives the subject a nice even wash. Plus, it eliminates most shadows, and only a Halo is left if this is the only light source being used.
What features an awesome lighting setup should always have:
Adjustable Beam Spread – The light you purchase should allow you to adjust the beam spread, as well as the direction of propagation.
Stand Height – The light stand that comes within the kit should be durable and adjustable so that it can be used within multiple environments and for a variety of shoots.
Portability – If you plan on shooting indoors then portability won’t be an issue however if your videos will have a different setting every single time, then this has to be considered. Hence, consider how portable do you want your lighting equipment to be?
Which are the best lighting equipment for Youtube videos just for you? Let’s go through with the details of the best Lighting
Best Lights for YouTube
StudioFX 2400 Watt Large Photography Softbox Continuous Photo Lighting Kit 16″ x 24″ + Boom Arm Hairlight with Sandbag H9004SB2 by Kaezi
The StudioFX H9004SB2 is a 3 piece constant light softbox lighting equipment that consists of 2 softboxes and 1 overhead hairlight boom softbox. All the bulbs are included with the system, with 4 bulbs fitting onto each softbox. The StudioFX 2400 has been built for multipurpose operation and supports 5 bulbs on each softbox, with an individual on and off control.
This studio portrait video lighting kit is easy to use and setup. These lights work great with digital DSLR cameras. It is ideal for all level photographers and primarily used for photo and video lighting as it is an excellent lighting kit as it has a complete continuous lighting system, background support stands as well as backdrops for perfect setup within a studio.
It’s is also compatible with all major camera brands like Canon, Nikon, Sony, etc., and hence this is one of the most useful and high-performance lightning equipment preferred by many.
- Three 16″X24″ Softbox
- 3 x Lightstand 7′ tall (One Boom Arm with Sandbag)
- 3 x Light head able to hold 4 bulbs each
- 12 x 45-watt photo video fluorescent bulbs 5500k Daylight Balance Bulbs
- Free Deluxe Carrying Case Included Able To Fit the Whole Kit In One Bag
- 2x 28”x20” Softbox
- Quick set-up time
Diva Ring Light Nova 18″ Fluorescent – (High Power Brightness Photo/ Video Ring Light w/ 6′ Light Stand)
The Diva Ring Light Nova is a perfect studio addition for any photographers and videographers. Diva Ring Light is hence q brilliant light for almost all kinds of shoots. It is highly portable and produces amazing results on-the-go. This makes it ideal for any YouTuber who plans to record in a set location such as a studio or room.
This professional-quality fluorescent light provides soft, nearly shadowless illumination for extended video shoots as it produces less heat. The Diva Ring Light Nova helps to eliminate skin imperfections and subject face appear to have a fresh and clean look.
The secret is in how the light is shaped as it is able to cast a soft dome of light on you, complementing your makeup and making this light ideal for portrait and close-up work which is the most important requirements for a YouTuber.
The light also provides adjustable movement for varying environments, which is a necessity for YouTuber. It also has the ability to adjust the brightness so you can use it in conjunction with a natural light source. There is a carrying case as well as smartphone grip add to the usability of this lighting equipment.
- 500W ring light with 5500k Daylight bulb included
- A camera that is mounted to the inside of the light ring
- Includes mounting bracket for cameras on tripods, as well as gooseneck for flexible mounting on light stands
- Comes with 6′ Diva Ring Light stand
- Produces soft white light
- Produces round large catch light
- Packs 3200K & 5500K Lamps
- Lightweight and dimmable
LimoStudio 2-Pack Dimmable LED Pack – (Dimmable LED Photography Photo Video Light Panel, LED Lighting Kit for Photo Video Studio, Selectable Lighting Zone Control, AGG1089V2)
The LimoStudio AGG1089 is a great LED lighting panel that offers a healthy alternative to fluorescent lighting equipment for you YouTubers as it has 512 pieces of LED on its panel. Even being an LED lighting equipment it packs a punch as powerful as fluorescent equipment.
The Lighting produces soft and diffused light that is suitable for all applications. The light stands also has industrial-grade wheels which make it great for quickly manoeuvring for video shoots. Isn’t it interesting?
If you are a starter at YouTubing and are on a budget this lighting equipment proves to be the best for you. As on an affordable pric, it produces a greater amount of light compared to fluorescent lighting equipment at the same price range.
- Contents: 2 x LED Photo Lighting Panel / 2 x Light Stand Tripod / 1 x Carry Bag
- LED 512 Light Fixture: 35W / 3584 Lumen Luminous Flux/ 5600K Colour Temperature / Brightness Control / Dimmer of 10 to 100 %
- Voltage: DC 12 – 17V, Input: AC100 – 240V 50/60Hz, 15V 2.4A
- Efficiently Creates Soft and Even Lighting for Studio Environment
- Light Stand Tripod: Max 60 inch Height / 1.25 inch Standard Screw Thread on Top
- 2 x 500 LEDs Photo or Video Studio Lighting Panel
- 2 x 86” studio-quality light stand with height adjustable up to 60”
- 6 x caster wheels
- One carry bag
Fancierstudio Lighting Kit 2400 Watt Professional Video Lighting Kit – (With Three Softbox Lights, Boom Arm Hairlight Softbox, Lighting Kit for Studio Photography and Continuous Lighting, 9004SB2)
The Fancierstudio 2400 Watt Lighting Equipment is one of the best lighting equipment for Youtube Videos. This is a professional lighting equipment kit that is built for all kinds of settings and situations. While it has a wide range of applications, it is most suitable for makeup tutorials, product reviews, interviews and video podcasts. This is the brand new professional equipment as it has digital fluorescent that gives you over 2400 watts output.
It comes with 2 softboxes for your lights and one softbox for you hairlight. You could use two 4 light heads as your main light and the 16″x24″ softbox light as your fill light or hair light. The Light output is adjustable with 4 light outputs that can be used in the studio photography or videography as well as on-location projects. This lighting equipment kit is the affordable kit on the market as on date and is compatible with any camera like Nikon, Canon, Sony, Olympus and more. The CFL light bulbs used in this equipment is rated for 120v for USA standard.
The boom arm works effortlessly as hairlight is in conjunction with the other two stands that fill light from the opposite sides and hence makes it a great choice for shooting multiple subjects within a single frame.
- Professional Photography Equipment: photo studio lighting with two 16-Inch x 24-Inch and One 16-Inch x 16- Inch softbox lights
- Complete lighting kit: softbox lights with 3 x light stands 6′ tall (one boom arm with sandbag)
- Photo and video studio lighting: includes 3 x light heads able to hold 4 bulbs each
- Daylight studio lights: 12 x 45-watt photo video fluorescent bulbs and 5500k daylight balanced bulbs for premium quality studio lights
- Carrying case: studio kit includes deluxe carrying case large enough to fit the entire kit in one bag
LimoStudio 12 inch Fluorescent Round Ring Light – (Dimmable Continuous Lighting Kit, 45W 5500K, Suitable for Beauty Facial Shoot, Hot Shoe Mount, Cell Phone Spring Clip Holder, Photo Studio, AGG2027V2)
The 12-inch Fluorescent Ring Light is great for all kinds of environments, especially for close-ups and make-up tutorials, interviews, speaking into the camera or any close recording needs which are trending on YouTube. The LimoStudio 12 inch
Fluorescent Round Ring Light is compatible with any DSLR that has a hot shoe mounted adapter and is mountable on any light stand. It has the ability to insert the camera into the centre of the ring light to provide you with a very natural and vibrant shadowless look.
Further, if you use a ring light such as this one you have an added advantage as it uses a gooseneck which allows for a lot of adjustment when recording so that you can adjust it just like a tripod to your desired location. This lighting equipment is compatible with all the major camera manufacturers and also has an adapter for smartphones such as the iPhone and Galaxy models, in all making it quite a great lighting equipment.
- One 12-inch Fluorescent Ring Light that efficiently removes the sharp shadow, and is especially ideal for beauty facial photo-shoot
- Camera Mount Adapter with a hot shoe mount adapter that has a fabric diffuser that helps to produce neutral colour and evenly spread light stream
- It is easy to set up and mountable on any light stand and also is compatible with DSLR camera for better photo-shoot environment.
- Cell phone Spring Clip holder
The list is with the few choices that are best for YouTuber but there are several other alternatives and products as well. But before you buy any of it consider your budget and use. If you have any doubt, recommendations, suggestions and comments please do comment below in the comments section.
- Best Earbuds Under $10 to Buy in 2022 : Handpicked by Experts - April 24, 2022
- Best Podcast Microphone to Buy in 2022 - April 23, 2022
- Best Looper Pedals: Ultimate Buyer’s Guide (Updated 2021) - July 20, 2021