Blue yeti ranked first for our best USB microphones. Hence, no doubt that it is a top-notch microphone. But, the only problem with it – its gigantic size. Due to its unusual shape, there are a lot of problems people face while setting up their microphone properly. You can’t use universal or generic accessories for Yeti. You have to get special Blue Yeti accessories to setup and get the best out of your microphone. But don’t let this let you down from purchasing this microphone. It is a certain bang for the buck. The audio quality would be worth every penny that you spend on the microphone, or on its accessories.
Why don’t generic or global accessories work with Yeti?
Majority of the microphones aren’t thick. Almost all of them can fit under a generic shock mount. The shock mount has rubber strands to tighten and loosen as per diameter of the microphones. But Yeti’s diameter is way too big to fit in the shock mount.
Also read : Blue Microphones Yeti Review
Same goes for Yeti’s weight. Due to its weight, most of the boom arm’s don’t support it.
What accessories do you need for the Blue Yeti Microphone?
- Shock mount – This is the thing that holds your microphone. It holds your microphone in the air. Shock mount makes sure that your microphone doesn’t touch anything directly. This is done to ignore any vibrations that might come from the surface on which microphone is placed. A good shock mount reduces vibrations to a great extent – if not totally.
- Boom arm – 9 out of 10 times, if you are purchasing yeti, you should get a boom arm as well. Most of the people run away from purchasing a boom arm with yeti because it comes with a small stand of its own. Most of the boom arms aren’t able to handle the yeti’s weight and might break sometime ( and you don’t want that ).
- Pop filter/windscreen – Windscreen or pop filters are used to remove those “ph” and “fh” sounds from your audio recording along with wind disturbance. You need to purchase either a windscreen or a pop filter ( don’t buy both ).
The Definitive Blue Microphone Yeti Accessory List
This shock mount is made specifically to the Yeti and Yeti Pro USB variant. It removes any sort of keyboard thumping or mouse banging noise from recordings very efficiently. The mount does a great job of isolating the microphone from vibration. The thread of its adaptor is tailored to fit all the boom arms ( Euro & US ). The shock mount is quite lightweight and doesn’t take up a lot of visual space. Overall, it is a good alternative to Blue’s official shock mount for Yeti.
Has all the features as mentioned above, but costs more as it comes from the home of the microphone manufacturer itself. Blue Radius, however, looks much cooler than the shock mount from auphonix.
Size of this mic cover foam is 3.1 by 3.3 inches ( width, height respectively ). This is the cheapest option for the blue yeti and pro USB microphone. There is no doubt that this will improve the recording by removing wind interference and unwanted noises. It also keeps your microphone safe from dust. Must to have if you using your microphone for podcasting, music, voiceovers, interviews, and conference calls.
4. Neewer NW(B-3) 6-inch Studio Microphone Mic Round Shape Wind Pop Filter Mask Shield with Stand Clip (Black Filter)
People who use the yeti for singing and voiceovers, should use this pop filter instead of purchasing the mic foam. Lightweight of this filter makes it fit for all boom arms. Very convenient to use, and removes the hissing sound of s, and explosion of air by p and b.
I’ve tried more than 10 boom arms for the blue yeti and this one was perfect in every aspect. The microphone is capable of holding 4.4lbs ( 2kg ) weight, has a horizontal reach of 820 mm and has 840mm vertical reach. The boom arm comes with two desk mounting options. You can either use the desk clamp to attach it on desk’s corner or insert the clamp in the middle of the desk by drilling a hole. The best part is that you can turn it, fold it any way you want.
I hope this article will help you in selecting right accessories for your yeti. If you have any questions or queries, ask them in the comment section below.
- Best Looper Pedals: Ultimate Buyer’s Guide (Updated 2021) - July 20, 2021
- How to Record a Song at Home Easily & Under Budget - July 16, 2021
- How to Sing & Play Guitar at the Same Time - July 14, 2021
- Why don’t generic or global accessories work with Yeti?
- What accessories do you need for the Blue Yeti Microphone?
- The Definitive Blue Microphone Yeti Accessory List
- 1. Aluminum Shock Mount For Blue Yeti Microphone by Auphonix
- 2. Blue Radius II Microphone Shock Mount for Yeti and Yeti Pro with Improved Hinge Design
- 3. Mudder Mic Cover Foam Microphone Windscreen for Blue Yeti, Yeti Pro Condenser Microphone
- 4. Neewer NW(B-3) 6-inch Studio Microphone Mic Round Shape Wind Pop Filter Mask Shield with Stand Clip (Black Filter)
- 5. RODE PSA1 Swivel Mount Studio Microphone Boom Arm